Ars Arcanum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ars Arcanum

A forum just to chat about shows or games and rp if youd like.

HomeHome  Portal 2Portal 2  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prototype Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryujin_masamune
Knight
Knight
Ryujin_masamune

Prototype Review Empty
PostSubject: Prototype Review   Prototype Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Prototype Review Prototype_X360_Pmock_BB_2CD

"I am Alex Mercer. I've been called a killer, a monster, a terrorist. I don't know who did this to me, but i'm gonna find out and kill the one who did this to me."

Yes ladies and gentlemen this is my very first review here and it's about Prototype.
In this game you play a guy named Alex Mercer and you have been victim to a freak experiment with out any memory to what has happened to you, you have to roam the streets of New York to find out who did this to you and kill them.

The game style is also called a "sandbox" game this means that you have total freedom to explore entire New York city. This game features some cool stuff and Mercer is a cool guy, because of the experiment he can now chance the shape of his limbs, to claws, hammer fists, tentacles he can even run up buildings with ease, jump great heights, glide through the air and Consume his opponents this part is the most fun part because when you consume a soldier or Civilian you take his appearance, abilities and memories with that you can find out what really happened to you.
At the beginning of the game you will be faced with a Prologue this is also immediately the tutorial wich is cool cause most of your powers are allready at your disposal.

Last edited by Ryujin_masamune on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryujin_masamune
Knight
Knight
Ryujin_masamune

Prototype Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype Review   Prototype Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:02 pm

After the tutorial you will have to do missions to progress in the story line but there are also a some sort of mini games you can do to gather EP (Evolution points) with these points you can buy upgrades for Alex. EP points are very easy to gather you don't have to do missions or minigames to get them at all you can just roam the city and cause total destruction/mayham to New York to gather them by for example: killing infected, killing blackwatch soldiers, destroying heli's, tanks, Blackwatch bases or Infected hives.

The game overall plays pretty good but the tutorial can be a but quick or a bit confusing and the controles can be to at first but when you have mastered it the game plays like a charm. The graphics are a whole different story for a next-gen game this doesn't really look all that next-gen the characters faces all look like they were made out of clay or something. (maybe a bit exagerated but it's really not that good.)
The music is forgettable there is some in it but not worth mentioning and the voice acting isn't all that great either, there are some things you can unlock when you finish the game but those aren't really that great at all.
(you could allways go for the trophy's or achievements)

Overall the game is very fun to play but you can finish it in under 20 hours, just fooling around causing mayham with ultimate powers is fun, but it can become a bit stale after sometime for some people.

The verdict
Graphics: 6
Sound: 6,5
Gameplay: 9
Replay value: 7,5

Overall: 7,5

Rent or buy: I'd say rent it first and see if you like it or not if you do it's a definite buy

Available on: Xbox360, PS3 and PC

Prototype Review Gdc-2008-prototype-screens-20080214035600885_640w

Prototype Review New-xbox-360-prototype-screens-20070926111114696_640w

Prototype Review Prototype-screens-20080328111745462_640w
Back to top Go down
fireykaigurl
Almighty leader
Almighty leader
fireykaigurl

Prototype Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype Review   Prototype Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm

sounds good ^^
Back to top Go down
https://arsarcanum.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

Prototype Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype Review   Prototype Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype Review
Page 1 of 1